SBS 2023 Upfront
Your guide to the best original and returning content coming to SBS.
In 2023, SBS will showcase the network’s biggest ever local commissioned program offering, with distinctive stories Australians won’t see anywhere else.
- More Australian prime-time dramas than ever before: thriller Safe Home, dramedy While the Men Are Away and anthology Erotic Tales.
- Powerful Australian documentaries that shine a light on love, identity, and consent.
- Worldwide sensation Alone to be set in the rugged Tasmanian wilderness.
- The biggest ever original content line-up on NITV.
- Exclusive new shows Rogue Heroes, The Doll Factory and the final season of The Handmaid’s Tale add to 15,000 hours of curated content on SBS On Demand.
- SBS Food to premiere two more seasons of The Cook Up with Adam Liaw, and new shows with Luke Nguyen, Khanh Ong and Poh Ling Yeow.
- SBS Radio continues its growth and evolution to become SBS Audio in 2023.
The best dramas from across the globe will arrive on SBS On Demand in 2023.
Celebrating Australia's rich diversity through food, every day.
Australia's home of the FIFA World Cup and Tour de France.
Original documentaries that challenge, inform and entertain.
The 2023 line-up is supported by some exciting updates to the SBS Media offering
Introducing SBS CulturalConnect, a team working with commercial partners to find purpose driven ways to tap into Australia’s dynamic cultural currents, grounded in an appreciation of Australia’s rich diversity. SBS Media's expanded offering will provide services in strategy, research and insights, integrated brand solutions, creative and in-language production, inclusion training and consultancy.
NITV, Australia's home of First Nations storytelling, is celebrating the success of the Beyond 3% initiative in driving brands to invest in First Nations media. Since launching in March 2021, the initiative has grown awareness and driven significant lift in commercial investment in the channel - all of that being invested back into First Nations content. Over the past 12 months, linear audiences have increased by 21% on NITV, and consumption of Indigenous content has increased by 27% on SBS On Demand, amid a rise in audience interest in First Nations stories.
Introducing SBS Connect
SBS Connect will launch in 2023, providing agencies with a more efficient buying process, improved response times and speedy post-analysis reporting on their media spend.
The new platform will also optimise delivery of agreed buying benchmarks, accessing inventory across SBS Network channels (excluding NITV and SBS WorldWatch), meaning less spot management for agencies and elimination of account queries.
SBS On Demand expands offering
SBS On Demand has invested further in technology to deliver a world class ad experience. This includes the roll out of Adobe’s Real-Time Customer Data Platform and a partnership with Boltive ensuring a seamless user experience.
SBS On Demand has also expanded its advertising products, including a pause advertising function, shoppable formats in partnership with Kerv Interactive, and a new ‘solus spot’ offering brands an exclusive ad spot within an ad break.